Getto – Doing UX – Notes
- This work attempts to: 1) introduce key UX knowledge making practices; 2) highlight deliverables and concepts that people engaging UX should be able to create; 3) discuss “means of sustaining work” in organizations. Getto calls these ways, means and impact.
- These can be best summarized in this graphic:
- What is impact?
- It works on two levels: the instructor learns by teaching, and the students and trainees learn best when the instructor focuses on where they’re at as learners.
- UX must be seen not as an add-on but as value added.
- UX is incremental – it’s impacts are small and aggregative until buy-in reaches critical mass.